Utility Grant Program
Project SHARE Utility Grant Program
Utility Assistance * By appointment only
The Utility Grant Program is designed to help people who are experiencing an emergency in paying their utility bills. The program may be able to help with hydro, gas, and some other types of heating bills. Other means of help include hydro deposits along with referrals to partner agencies who may be able to assist further.
- A prescreening telephone interview with one of our staff will determine eligibility for assistance
- The account must be a current account in your name (and you must be living at the address)
- You will need to show how you will maintain your utility bills if you were to receive a grant
- You will need to show that you have attempted to pay your utility bills
- The total household income must be under the Low Income Cut-off before taxes. This amount varies depending on the number of people who live in your home.
1 person up to $23,513 5 people up to $52,577
2 people up to $33,252 6 people up to $57,595
3 people up to $40,726 7 or more people up to $62,210
4 people up to $47,026
Numbers supplied by Statistics Canada Low Income Measures (LIM's) 2017.
At the time of your appointment you must provide all of the following:
- Proof of all income in the household – including Child Tax Benefit
- Official Identification for everyone in the household – 2 pieces for applicant, 1 piece for everyone else (i.e. birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, health card)
- Current utility bill including disconnect notice for the utility
- Rent receipt, lease agreement or mortgage statement
- A current copy of a 30 day banking statement for all household bank accounts
- Income Tax/Notice of Assessment may be requested for all family members
*These items must be provided for our staff to apply for the funds to assist you in order to prevent disconnection for those qualified for assistance
To make an appointment please call: 905-357-5121 Ext.255
Your call will be returned within one business day