Our Community at Work—Project SHARE serves individuals living in poverty in the Niagara Falls community by:
- Addressing the short-term need for food and creating long-term solutions for food security
- Mobilizing resources in our community
- Adapting services to respond to changes around us
We believe in:
- Interacting with all members of our community with dignity, respect, compassion and understanding
- Working as a team, within Project SHARE and with our community, to provide whatever help is needed
- Providing services based on inclusivity, equity, cooperation and collaboration
- Growing an effective organization through open communication and fiscal and social responsibility
- Advocating and providing a voice for those living in poverty
Project SHARE started back in 1989 and was formerly known as C.O.E.S. (Coordinated Outreach Emergency Services). The offices were located within a small building on Victoria Avenue. In 1992, the agency became incorporated and changed its name to Project SHARE, with the acronym meaning support, housing, awareness, resources and emergency. The name change was accompanied with a move of their offices to 1st Avenue. By, 2002, the organization found a need for a bigger building due to the increase in demand of its services. Project SHARE then relocated to Stanley Avenue, where they are currently located.
Chairperson of the Board
Vice Chairperson of the Board
City Council Representative
Interim Executive Director
We are currently accpeting applications for our Board of Directors. Click HERE for more details on the application process and how to join our team today!