Backpacks & Sneakers
$25 = a backpack or healthy snacks & school supplies
$50 = a backpack, healthy snacks & school supplies
$100 = a backpack, healthy snacks, school supplies & sneakers
Project SHARE has been supporting families who live below the poverty line in Niagara Falls for nearly 30 years. In the past, the back to school program has supported approximately 300 kids each year but we often had children remaining on a waitlist for help. Given the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is expected the need for support will be even greater this year.
Research shows that when children are prepared with the proper school supplies, it can improve grades, creativity, attitudes toward learning, behaviour, peer relationships and self image.
In order to provide as many children in our community with the supplies they need to feel accepted by their peers and prepared to learn, Project SHARE works with community partners like Canadian Tire Bank’s Snacks n’ Sneakers program, agencies, churches, businesses and individuals who make donations or host events to collect backpacks, healthy snacks and supplies.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has meant that over 600 new families have accessed our services for the first time in this past year making our goal to help twice as many children as we were able to help in 2020.
Can you help fuel learning and success by helping us fill backpacks and the tummies of children in need?
By working together, we can endeavor to end the cycle of poverty and prepare children for brighter futures. Your donation will ensure that all the children start their year off right because they are provided with the tools they need, including backpacks, shoes, required school supplies and nutritious snacks that will help them to feel accepted by their peers and be prepared to learn.
Due to the pandemic, we do not have a supply of late donations left over from previous years to kick off this year’s program. Over the next two months, we need the community more than ever!
Here is how you can help meet the need.
- Consider donating in honour of your teachers this year and send them an ecard to let them know of the donation and impact you are making together on a child’s lifelong learning. Donations can be made here.
- Watch your mailbox for our direct mail appeal.Visit www.projectshare.ca or call (905) 357-5121 to donate.
- Check out our Community Fundraising Events Guide for great ideas and tips to host an event to benefit Project SHARE’s back to school program.
- Watch for Project SHARE barrels at grocery stores, workplace and community events. You can also drop off items at our location at 4129 Stanley Avenue by driving around the back of our building and using our safe and contactless drop-off bin.
- Consider asking friends and family to donate to the back to school program in honour of your birthday or anniversary.