How to Sponsor a Family
- Out of an abundance of caution for the community, our plan is to provide support for the upcoming Christmas season in a safe manner for all concerned. We want to be able to help those in need while respecting everyone’s safety.
- For the protection of everyone all sponsors will drop off their assistance to St. Andrew’s United Church located at 5645 Morrison Street, NF.
- Once we have matched you with a family we will send you information about them as well as a drop-off date.
- Families will come and pick up their gifts at the church.
- We are encouraging our sponsors to purchase gift cards instead of the actual gifts to help limit the amount of time you may spend shopping in a busy store. Gift cards purchased at stores can be used by families to select appropriate gifts for their children. We are also encouraging the purchase of gift cards for groceries as well.
- To give you an idea on how much to provide for a family, we suggest that a family of 2 receives approximately food and gifts for their Christmas assistance worth $150, family of 3 received $200-250, and a family of 4 receives $250-300 worth.
- If you or your group set aside or raise $500-$1,000 for sponsoring in the Christmas Program, you could sponsor 2 or more families, instead of using that amount on 1 family to ensure consistency throughout the program.
- Roughly a 50-50 split is the suggested breakdown between cost for food and gifts.
For more information on how to sponsor a family this holiday season please call 905-357-5121 ext 235.